Financial Aid Information
Saint Mark Lutheran School awards limited financial aid to families who show financial need. Financial assistance will be considered based on availability of funds, demonstrated financial need, academic performance, personal behavior, motivation, character and information provided on the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS). Saint Mark requires all financial aid applicants to complete the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) through School Student Services (SSS) which is used to help determine financial eligibility.
Aid is granted for a period of one year and is based on the most current information. Students must reapply for financial aid every year; changes in a family’s financial situation or changes in the school’s financial resources may change the amount of aid awarded from year to year. Currently enrolled students paying full tuition may apply for financial aid, but they must provide a letter explaining what has changed necessitating the request for financial aid.
Saint Mark’s financial aid budget is limited, and we are therefore not always able to meet the needs of every student who qualifies for financial aid.
Saint Mark determines eligibility for admission without regard to a student’s application for financial aid. Saint Mark Lutheran School reserves the right to award financial aid as it sees fit within the existing resources and after the applications are carefully reviewed.
Steps To Apply
Step 1: Download the Financial Aid Application Packet containing the following documents :
Step 2: Complete the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) through SSS
- Go to the SSS website at http://sssbynais.org/parents
- Click on the “Login to Complete Your PFS” button.
- Create your PFS Online account with your email address and a password. If you applied for financial aid last year, simply login to the PFS Online as a Returning Family.
- Begin a PFS for Academic Year 2017-2018. You can log out of PFS Online at any time and then return later to complete.
- Submit your completed PFS with the $48 fee.
Both parents in a separated, divorced or never married family are required to complete the PFS. SSS then generates a report of family contribution which is sent to school(s) designated by the applicant. Saint Mark Lutheran School’s code is 6733.
Step 3: Submit the following documents to Saint Mark Lutheran School Office:
- Signed Saint Mark Lutheran School Financial Aid Application
- A hard copy of the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) completed on-line
- Signed and dated copy of 2016 Federal Income Tax Return (IRS Form 1040), including all schedules
- Copies of all 2016 W-2s and/or 1099 Earnings Statements
- Signed IRS Form 4506-T which permits Saint Mark Lutheran School to request an official copy of your submitted tax return. Forms are available in the school office or on the school website at www.smls-hawaii.org
- Copy of most recent property assessment information for all real estate owned.
Send copies only as documents will NOT be returned.
The Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) is due no later than March 15, 2017. The Financial Aid Application and all other required paperwork that is listing in Step 3 are due to the Saint Mark Lutheran School office no later than March 30, 2017.
We accept late financial aid applications; however, Saint Mark Lutheran School has limited financial aid available and will not be able to offer aid once the yearly allotted funds are awarded. Therefore, it is best to complete all forms by the appropriate deadlines. If funds are still available, completed applications will be considered until July 15, 2017.
Incomplete, inaccurate, unclear, or unsigned documentation will delay processing and jeopardize the chances of receiving aid.